Do you think that students should have thier own laptops in schools?

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Little Assistance

The other day I found myself helping my younger sister(aged 15) refine her assignment on issues concerning teenagers and ICT. Her chosen feild was social networking. I was suprised to know how much she knew, maybe to my naivety, however none the less suprised. It got me thinking about how in touch this generation is with technology and its use. I must admit reading Andersons online future learning and Bolstads & Gilberts 21st Century learner brought light to what our society has moulded too and having my little sister smack in the middle of it was definately and eye opener.

I found it comforting on the other hand the knowledge that I had just learnt from the course was refreshing and new and that I could offer assistence to her with theory to back it up. This course has brought the best out of me in regards of teaching practice to policy implementation and so on that I wish to continue to pass on this new schema of mine to my department.

I guess all we need to do is give a little assistance here and there.....just a thought.lol


No comments:

Post a Comment